Monday, October 02, 2006

Every dog has his day

I watch a lot of A&E television. Actually, Ms. H got me into it. I didn’t really like it at the beginning, but, because I was in love I gave it a shot. I found that I actually enjoyed it very much. I watched a program the other day that made me furious! Dwayne “Dog” Chapman had been arrested in Mexico and extradited to the US for hunting a fugitive. The man he hunted, apprehended and then returned to the US for justice was a convicted mass rapist. A total piece of junk. A waste of good space and oxygen. Bounty hunting in Mexico is illegal. The family of the man that was “hunted” is very, very wealthy. Apparently, some money changed hands and The Dog found himself on the other side of the law, in Mexico. The US then charged him for a federal crime. So, let me understand this. A man, who is a fugitive and a total loser, goes to Mexico because he knows that bounty hunting is illegal there. The Dog goes there to bring this criminal back to the US for justice, and we then put him in prison?? What the heck? There is something seriously wrong with our justice system when a greasy loser criminal can, because his family has money, pull this off. Dwayne “Dog” Chapman is a hero to the Hawaiian people and to the nation at large. He is a good man who does a good thing by hunting bail jumpers. He’ll be the first to tell you that he wasn’t always a “stand-up” guy. He did drugs, was a criminal and did some jail time. Nobody’s past is perfect. When someone can turn their life around and do “good” on the scale that he does, it’s just a slap in the face to those of us who are law-abiding citizens. We all generally obey the law and try to keep our noses clean. If you are criminal, you go to jail. END OF STORY! Or, is it? Apparently, he who has the money, makes the rules. This is a total travesty and telling sign of the condition of the American justice system. People who break laws are supposed to go to jail, regardless of their buying power. Those who don’t shouldn’t. What do you think? Should he have risked what he did to capture this criminal? I like to think that there are people out there who take risks to make our lives a little safer. Maybe, it’s a “pie in the sky” way of looking at things, but if I were in his shoes and had the ability to apprehend criminals, I think I would. Think about the victims and their families. Do you believe that they think The Dog broke the law? Do you think they see justice in this course of action? I thought not. I think we should send the equivalent of a 55 gallon drum of “whoop-ass” in the form of e-mails and formal protests to those who can make changes. This is wrong, no matter how you slice it. It’s just wrong.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Martin Luther King, Jr.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT????? how does something like that happen, that just proves you that justice isnt fair, Man I love my Mexico, but we'v got some F&*#-@! norms there, is a shame and thats why in some parts of the world we cant come up..

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if you are a criminal you should be in jail like every other criminal. No matter how rich you are. Money means a lot but when it come to benign a criminal you should pay for you crime like e very other criminal. Well I think being caught on TV is so embarrassing because the whole US is like watching you and they know what you did and its not only you who gets embarrass your family to.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s very true about who has the most money is the one that wins the law. I have a friend who is dealing with the law right now and is struggling because she is the one that’s not wealthy. Her son’s dad took the baby and wouldn’t bring him home. The dad has real bad record involving drugs, DUI”s, and assults.But because his family is rich his been having all the luck with the law and my friend has been stuck with the pain of not being able to see her son. For the bounty hunter that sucks. I believe that he shouldn’t have gone to jail, but if you know the law and brake the law then there will be consequences’ For the victims and their families I feel bad for because someone was trying to bring them justice. But as for the criminal and his family their happy because their family member is not incarcerated. I think that our system is screwed up.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually watch this show but I did not see this episode. I think what “Dog” did was the correct thing to do. However, he going to jail was wrong. He was risking his life to go to Mexico to take this rapist down. He was mainly trying to protect everyone else before this rapist strikes again. So for them putting “Dog” in jail is a pretty stupid reason. I mean, sure he broke the law because it was illegal. However, he broke it for a good reason; to put that rapist were he belongs. If they wanted to put someone in jail, they should be smart and put the rapist in jail instead of “Dog”. The fact that the rapist had money should have nothing to do with it because he still raped someone. So he should still suffer for it, not someone else who was trying to do the right thing.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dog still has rules and regulations that he has to abid by no matter what. Although the man did something good for society, he Nonetheless will feel the truth of our legal system and that the lawless have a lot more going their way whenthey are rich or have a family memeber that contribute to a political party. When you have a legal system here in the United States then other countries have their as well, so if they have a law saying that bounty hunting is illegal then you should obey those laws because if you don't the people who are going after the DOG will most likely step in and stuff out his bark. My hope is that people will step up to the plate some day and demand that certain laws be changed, but that takes lots of money and people in those certain positions that are already getting paid for supporting what you want changed, and believe me they are getting paid a lot of money or comps to support these so called law bidding people that have blood money that they made through the so called court system. Anyways the DOG has my support --get these scum bags of the street.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that The Dog was served a bad rap in this case. That is why he is a bounty hunter instead of general law enforcement. Obviously, there is more the case than the media lets onto. If the guy went to Mexico, there was a reason. I'm almost certain that it was a premeditated scenario: family with deep pockets hires lawyer, lawyer finds loophole, pays off of the police, patted a pocket in America. Top of the food chain to the bottom.
If I had came out of my pocket to post a bond for somebody, He better make it to his court by any means necessary. I don't care what the situation is. Jumping a bond is not acceptible. I think that The Dog's case needs to be dismissed because if he gets convicted, then the American Judicial system becomes a mockery at the butt of many jokes to come.
Leave that Dog out of the pound!

Chris Christopherson

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home